When you are a new mom, it is quite understandable that you can get overwhelmed or scared about various things – the first time you breastfeed or the first time you have to start waking up at the middle of the night while because your baby is crying – and then you understand that being a mom isn’t easy.
Nursing for the first time can be an overwhelming experience. And there are a few things you really need to keep in mind when you are nursing for the first time. Here are these tips –
- The first time it is going to hurt – Don’t be surprised if it hurts the first time. And trust us; the first two weeks are going to be a hell of a ride. But with time it will be fine and you can deal with it better. Don’t you worry.
- All you need is practice – Practice makes everything perfect. Your baby won’t eat for the first time or won’t let you feed him or her for a few times. But keep trying new tactics to make them eat their lunch. Read about it – talk to your best girlfriend about it if she is already a mom – or ask your mom or mother-in-law.
- Moisturize your nipples – When your baby isn’t feeding, keep moisturizing your nipples. It will keep getting sore and cracked and even raw. Buy creams that can moisturize your skin better. But also, take advice from your doctor which will be the best option for you.
- Don’t over pump your breasts – It is not at all advisable to keep pumping your breasts frequently. Do not over pump your breasts unless you have enough supply.
- Don’t be afraid to breastfeed in public – It is maybe a new experience for you but you shouldn’t be afraid to breastfeed in public. This is your baby having lunch – what to be ashamed of or to be afraid of?